The summers can be really tough on people who like to look fashionable and attractive at all times. You’ll find it really hard to stay cool and composed during the summers unless you are dressed right. In fact, many people dress very casually during the summers and therefore they do not have the appropriate look for anything but informal occasions. However, all you have to do is keep a few things in mind when dressing for this season; you will look and feel fresh and cool with the following tips:
1. Choose high quality fabrics made of natural materials. Cotton, linen, and silk are great fabrics to wear during warm days because they are breathable and light. Since these fabrics tend to wrinkle easily, you should also consider buying blends. Popular cotton options are seersucker and Madras.
2. Wear loose fitting clothes in order to benefit from a flow of air inside them. In fact, you should avoid wearing tight clothes because they will make you feel uncomfortable and breathless in extreme heat. Well tailored yet loose fitting clothes will also look very attractive. Do not buy extremely baggy clothes that will make you look shapeless and bulky. Another good way of wearing loose fitting clothes is to pair them with slim fit skirts, jeans or trousers for a well put together look.
3. Wear clothes in light colors that do not absorb the rays of the sun. There are many lovely light and bright colors such as coral, peach and lemon yellow which will make you look very attractive.
4. Wear sleeveless and short clothes as much as possible. Since shorts are perfect for this weather you should pick up a well-tailored pair that does not look sloppy. Keep in mind that short shorts will not be appropriate for many occasions and situations. In fact, you can dress them up with a very good shirt or tunic and a nice pair of strappy sandals or wedges. You could also keep a lightweight jacket or a cardigan handy in case you need to cover up when you do indoors.
5. Do not overload yourself with jewelry because they too will make you feel uncomfortable in the heat.
There are plenty of attractive clothes available during the summer since many brands offer lines designed for this season. If you know how to shop well then you will definitely be able to step out in style when the mercury rises.