Modern Leggings have become a fashion staple, populating trends from both the runway and the streets. And it’s no wonder! Leggings are the ultimate combination between comfort and style, and are constantly evolving as designers continue to look for ways to reinterpret them. From metallics to lace to denim looks, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by all the options available. Here are the basics on how to wear leggings.
- Lengthy tops are best with leggings. For shorter tops, consider a skirt or shorts over the leggings. Either way, your behind should not be showing!
- Avoid tight clothing because it may look too severe and, in some cases, you could be mistaken as being in the middle of a workout when you’re actually not.
- Be sure to buy the correct size or you may risk unwanted bulges! Ideally, they should fit comfortably at the waist.
- Look for opaque tights rather than sheer ones, as the latter can look like pantyhose instead.
- When choosing colours or styles, match them accordingly to the rest of your outfit. For example, if your top is colourful or beautifully embellished, compliment them with simple black leggings. For subtler tops, experiment with bold colours or exciting designs.
- Pumps, flats, and boots (whether of the thigh-high or the ankle kind) are the perfect footwear to complete your look. Pair calf-length leggings with flats and for longer leggings, wear them with pumps or tuck them into boots.
- Matching the colour of your leggings with your shoes can also make your legs look longer. Likewise, too many colours will divide your leg and make you seem shorter.